Parenthood is a lifelong learning process (lifelong education). As different as the challenges are, so are the solutions. Every family ticks differently. Often several people with different daily rhythms come together in a family. "Larks" are early risers and get tired early in the evening, while "owls" like to sleep longer in the morning and go to bed late in the evening. Bringing together the different needs in a family without creating pure chaos is a daily effort.
Getting around and anchoring in the day
The daily, communal lunch or the good-night kiss: recurring activities provide children with a safe framework for discovering the world (safe framework to discover the world). What habits strengthen your domestic peace? We have summarized our favorite rituals - for children from 4 to 10 years - here.
After getting up, the children scurry wildly around the apartment?
- Gathering together and setting a starting point together brings peace and quiet into the day
- With smaller children you can sing a song or welcome the day with a joint pillow fight
- Having breakfast together creates a sense of togetherness and provides security, and the children can take on fixed tasks such as setting the table
Everybody's talking crazy about what they're gonna do today?
- Paint a poster together with the morning, noon and evening areas. Use clothes pegs to clip on symbol cards to show what is on the agenda for the day
- If there are several children, each child can get its own poster or you can use clothes pegs in a different colour for each child
After tinkering or stacking building blocks, is a chaos left on the living room table?
- Sets a specific music to be played for cleaning up
- Music without lyrics or singing is best suited. This way, children associate the request to clean up with a certain music and in the best case start to clean up on their own after a while when they hear the music
The children were arguing or you were annoyed with the children?
- A common tea, which is drunk together as a "reconciliation", symbolizes for the children that everything is okay again
- An alternative is to "flush" the previous argument with your child down the toilet. Children understand that conflicts are allowed, but can better let go of them
The children do not want to be washed or brush their teeth?
- Tell your children what you are doing right now instead of suddenly surprising them with a cold washcloth
- For small children, the care in the bathroom can also be accompanied by beautiful stories of "Frau Cremedose" and "Herr Waschlappen
- Take a playful approach to the children's daily personal hygiene, for example by going on a "bacteria hunt" with a toothbrush
The kids don't want to go to bed and run around?
- Consciously change the transition from the more active to the quiet part of the day so that the children are not too excited
- After dinner there is time for quiet games: Puzzle, paint a picture, listen to a radio play
- Once in bed, many children like it when you read to them or when they read to themselves
- At the edge of the bed is also a good moment to ask yourself how your child's day was
- It's cuddle time, many children enjoy closeness and undivided attention in the evening
If you need even more support, please contact us at email@example.com !
We keep our library constantly up to date and it is constantly expanding. So feel free to drop by from time to time!
Articles on the topic
Part 1: Current developments and a cautious look into the coming weeks
Daycare centers and schools will remain closed until February 14. Implementation is to be restrictive.
Decisions of the Chancellor and Prime Ministers of 19 January - The...
Federal-Länder agreements: Updated version with the state regulations on day-care centres and schools - A colourful bouquet of regulations
Which regulations now apply and what they mean - an overview for...
How parents can prepare for the upcoming closures of day-care centres...
How to celebrate a harmonious festival despite the current restrictions
Relief for children, stress for parents