Brushing your teeth, cleaning your room - but only after Knight Coconut has found the magic sword. Children are often up in the evening and do not want to go to bed. Rituals and routines help children to structure themselves in the evening:
- They prepare for the night's rest
- They provide orientation and a secure framework (safe framework).
- And they strengthen family peace
What is the clipboard and what are its advantages?
The clipboard illustrates the evening structure on paper. It not only looks good, it can do much more:
- Children see the most important evening activities at a glance
- Children train their self-organisation
- doing handicrafts together is fun and promotes creativity, concentration and fine motor skills
- Children have a sense of achievement because they can "hold on" to the tasks they have completed
What materials are needed to make the clipboard?
Everything you need for the clipboard, you probably already have at home:
- Clothes pegs
From the idea to the terminal strip:
- Together with your child, think about which activities should be done in the evening and in what order and determine about 5 activities
- Have your child draw little symbolic pictures in advance: a toothbrush stands for brushing teeth or feeding a cat for cat
Now it says: Now it's time to lend a hand
- Place the sheet or cardboard queer
- Fold the sheet once crosswise in half
- Cut the lower half into 5 equally sized pieces up to the "kink
- Stick the 5 symbols drawn in the upper half evenly over the cut field
- Label the cut parts according to the symbol, for example "brushing teeth" under the toothbrush
- Fold up the cut parts once and fix them with the clothespin, so that you can now write "finished" or "done" on the backside
Conclusion: Thanks to the clipboard, children structure their evening independently and even enjoy doing their tasks. Do you like ticking off points on the to-do list? Your child will be happy to see his or her "successes" in black and white
Did you like this post? Then check out our tips on how children learn well or find out how you can help children Experience digital adventures in a meaningful way.