The birthday child lives in another town/village
- Pack a birthday package, write a birthday card and send it by mail. The person will be happy that you are thinking of them.
- If the birthday boy or girl lives within easy reach, you can organize a car parade with several friends. Everyone gets into their own car, turns up their favourite music and together they drive to the birthday boy or girl to congratulate them at a distance. Otherwise, you can overcome the distance with a phone or video call.
The birthday girl lives around the corner
- Zack, bake favorite cake and organize flowers, ring the front doorbell, set things down outside the door and give a loud "Happy Birthday" or birthday serenade at the window.
- Maybe you are creative and make a big banner (stick A4 sheets together and write a letter on each sheet), with nice wishes.
- When it's dark outside, sparklers can be used to draw attention.
- If the birthday child has a balcony, the gifts can be pulled into the apartment with a pulley (long rope and a basket).
- The birthday boy has windows facing the street? Why not leave a large birthday picture, with a dear greeting on the street. Street chalk is perfect, because the painted disappears after the next rain.
The birthday boy lives with you in an apartment
- Then you can decorate the apartment colorfully and lavishly, after all, you are at home most of the day anyway.
- Make yourselves comfortable in the apartment, for example with a movie night, with popcorn or a karaoke evening (on YouTube there are some hits to warble along under the search term "karaoke"). Turn a cooking spoon or hairbrush into a microphone and off you go.
- The day can also be turned into a "wish day" and the birthday child decides how the day is to be spent, e.g. a long walk or the favourite meal for supper.
Please note the contact regulations that continue to exist. These should be adhered to as a matter of urgency. Private meetings are only permitted within the circle of one's own household and a maximum of one other person who does not belong to one's own household.
Articles on the topic
A conversation with lots of information about the ParentsHotline
Why, why, why, if you don't ask... you don't get any smarter
for the whole family
Nicolaust traditions from all over the world
Zweiklang Advent ideas for the 1st Advent
How you can invest your time and money better than on Black Friday