Today we present you again 7 favourites from our parents hotline library. With these activities children learn exactly what the school cannot offer during the holidays.
Explore the world with the Parents Hotline Library
Our proposals are entirely in the spirit of lifelong learning. Because within an unfamiliar environment, in dealing with animals or perhaps younger or older peers, the children learn to take responsibility.
Many of our offers provide the safe framework that children need in order to take leadership in certain situations or to make their own decisions.
There is a similar amount to explore in the long corridors and meanders of our imagination. To really delve into a book. But which children's book is actually the right one? Finding one is not so easy! For all those who want to go on a digital discovery tour, we have selected research trips on the Internet. Here you can find videos about the universe or lectures by renowned scientists for young people who want to know what's going on.
7 learning tips for the summer holidays
All our tips are free and outside. Maybe you can find similar offers in your area?
East building playground in Leipzig
- Children between 6 and 13 years of age may hold a hammer and saw. All under professional pedagogical supervision.
- Open for the holidays: From July 20-24 and August 17-28 always in the afternoon
- Hygiene rules: Detailed information will be provided upon entering the construction site.
Youth farm Freiberg/Rot, near Stuttgart
- Romping, racing, riding, working or cooking is allowed. In free play and with the animal care they take responsibility. The pedagogical staff helps with all problems and offers help.
- Open for the holidays: Tuesday to Saturday from 10.30-18
- Hygiene rules: The offers take place in fixed groups of maximum 15 persons.
Children's farm "Pinke Panke" in Berlin
- Especially for children who live in a big city, such a children's farm is the opportunity to experience a natural habitat for themselves. They look after the animals and explore nature on their own.
- Opening hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday - every morning and afternoon
- Hygiene rules: During the stay there is a distance of 1.5 metres and there can be no more than 70 people on the premises. Please wash your hands thoroughly immediately after your visit.
Private museum for natural history in Berlin (Private Museum of Natural History).
- The chance for children to discover and observe a number of different species of animals on their own doorstep. Expertly supervised, they get to know giant centipedes, snakes and bizarre insects.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 10-16 o'clock
- Hygiene rules: Please ask by telephone before!
It's raining outside. Home is still home office. We've put some great discovery offers online for you to use by children inside.
Our tip: "What makes a good children's book?"
- Alice Pantermüller, author of the series "Mein Lotta-Leben", tells you which children's books make sense and what you can look out for when buying them. She says: "In any case, it is important that educational demands do not push themselves into the foreground, but that the joy of reading is given priority
Online offer: "Summer School Climate Knowledge" by the Natural History Museum Berlin
- Young people can get in touch with the climate researchers of the Potsdam Institute online on different days. Easy-to-understand lectures on the hot topics of our time, such as the consequences of climate change.
Learning videos: "Terra X Lesch & Co"
- How does the universe work? The oldest of all research questions is explored here in many short videos. Comprehensibly edited by Harald Lesch. Your research questions are answered conscientiously by the team in the comments. So do not be shy!
We always look at all offers ourselves and choose exactly what we believe will awaken the discoverers in your children. Our library is constantly updated and it is constantly expanding. So feel free to drop by from time to time!
Articles on the topic
"modern" books for children and young people
Short years full of milestones
An interview about "mindful" learning and learning gaps
How you prepare for your parent-teacher conferences
5 steps to your shoe-tying exercise template
How parents can support face-to-face and distance learning