Tips for the quick search for accommodation with young people
The first port of call when searching is often the Internet. This is where you can find the classic platforms for finding accommodation. We have listed a few here that have a large offer. You can often filter according to the number of rooms and rent, so only apartments that are interesting for you will be displayed:
- Wanted: shared flats, often there are also shared flats with other single parents (WG-Searched).
In addition to these websites, there are other online offers which are not exclusively intended for the search for accommodation, but often offer a more personal platform. It is worthwhile to have the following pages in view:
- Facebook Groups (enter apartments + your city in the search bar)
- Nebenan.de, especially if you want to stay in your neighbourhood (Next door).
The following contact points can be reached analogously and can offer you competent support:
- Housing cooperatives: Here you have to become a member and buy interest-bearing shares
- Tenants' associations, such as the tenant advisory service
People who are in similar situations or have already mastered them can be a great help. See if there is a club of single or separated parents in your city. The Association of single mothers and fathers, for example, is represented in some federal states. They often have a large and active network.
If you are looking for a place to stay because you or your children experience or are threatened by domestic violence, you have the possibility to find refuge in a safe place. Contact a counselling centre, which will find you a place to stay in your city. (Information centre).